Friday, July 8, 2016

Happy July 4!

This year, we headed up to the lake house for July 4 for some fun in the sun (rain) with family. It was nice to get away, leave work and chores behind and enjoy Gigi's cooking while Anna Kate played with Avery. While the first day was absolutely perfect, it was gloomy and rainy the next two days. But, we still had fun!

Maddie was just happy to get to wear her cute new bathing suit and (too big) sunglasses!

But all of the excitement wore her out. I cannot believe she just fell asleep (given that Anna Kate never would have). She got fussy, so I laid her down and she just closed her eyes and went to sleep!

The big girls enjoyed a snack on the paddle board. Because who doesn't love a floating snack? Charger was jealous.

Carter-bear enjoyed lots and lots of sand and dirt. All boy!

These two are now tubing buddies!

Don't worry, they were supervised.

Carter wanted to watch "Da". And climb on the table.

I think Mark at least had fun.

Yep.

Happy to be swimming!

Happy to be at the lake!

This was as close to a good picture as I got this round. I don't know what that face is that Anna is making.. silly girl.

Anna: "Avery, let's jump!"

Thanks for holding it together despite the lack of cooperation, Avery.

Maddie got to snuggle with her baby twin, Uncle David for the first time.

And of course everyone wanted to get some play time in with baby Maddie.

Uncle Robert got some good smiles from Madison!

And, of course, many many many books were read. Good thing Avery is learning to read!

Sparklers were a must!

When did she get so big?

And of course Daddy had to help with some bigger fireworks!



No comments:

Post a Comment