So at 18 months, Anna seems to again be hitting a stride of development. Spending a week at the lake where she got to hear more than just Mommy has really increased her vocabulary. I doubt I can even remember all of the words she knows now. At the doctor they asked me if she was stringing phrases together... the only one I could come up with was "juice box", oops. She seems to know some of her colors, although she is shy about performing any "trick" whether it be pointing/picking a color or just talking and waving. I know that when I ask her, "what does the cow say?" she can answer with the cutest "moooooooo", but it is rare that she shares this or any speech with others. It will be interesting to see if the shyness is a phase or an ongoing personality trait! She does have the cutest "no" with a head shake... she isn't shy to share that one.
At the doctor, here is how she measured up!
Height: 33 inches, 85th percentile
Weight: 23lb 4oz, 59th percentile
BMI: 15.02
Head: 48.3cm 93rd percentile
She is growing directly along a perfect little curve, as her stats have hovered around these percentiles for over a year now. This month I did manage to get her to sit down for some pictures. It is crazy doing these photos now, as I can ask her to sit down in the spot... and she does it! She even thought it was a little fun!
She doesn't look like she is having fun at all, huh?
This still stands as the best way to get her to look at the camera... "Anna, where is your tongue?"
Pondering life as an 18 month old...
Anna did this. Obviously all objects in the room deserved a photo shoot...
No comments:
Post a Comment