Saturday, October 1, 2016

Madison Leigh, 5 Months

So, I am writing this despite the fact that Madison's four month post is still sitting in draft. Hopefully these will both be up soon as I figure a way to easily upload photos.

The past month has brought around some fun change for Miss Madison-

As of the past week she is beginning to sleep through the night!!! For the past 5 nights or so Madison has slept from around 7 to ~5:30-6:30. The only trouble now is that since she is getting such solid sleep, she thinks that it is time to be awake for the day at that time. Which isn't the worst trouble to have, except on preschool days when she can't have her nap until we get home.

The other big change is that Madison began to eat solid food this month! At her four month appointment the pediatrician suggested she begin solids, which I had thought I wanted to avoid until closer to six months. But when we had looked at her growth curve and I felt like I was still needing to feed her in the middle of the night because she must be hungry, we decided to give it a try and see how it would affect her. Turns out, maybe she was still hungry in the middle of the night- since we began avocado and then banana she began sleeping. So, we are good with it. Obviously.

In terms of skills, Madison can (still) roll belly to back and is working on back to belly. She is starting to get frustrated when she can't get to what she wants and has started to move backwards which increases her frustration. We opened the pack and play in the living room so that she can play without interference from the dogs (and their fur). She truly truly loves her big sister and even gets excited when we walk into the preschool building to pick her up. Our favorite is hearing the two of them laughing together- once Anna Kate gets Madison started they will both giggle for quite a while.

So big!

Wonder how much longer we can photograph her in a chair?

Hey guys!

"Mom, what are all of these poses?"

Sister snuggles!

Matching sweater dresses knit by Ms. Marion!

Love these girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment