Here is a whole lot of photos...
The beginning of our hike!
We met up with Mark's cousin Ben and his wife, Valerie, for our hike!
The end of our hike, Emerald Lake!
We did not prepare well for the temperature change as we went up in elevation. I ended up wearing a scarf we still had in the car, and we joked that I did not look like I should be hiking...
Mark had to climb the boulders... we are those little specks on the rocks.
We had to continue our hike to see some waterfalls! We also managed to get rained on in the process.
We visited the tundra! 12,005 feet above sea level. At the visitors center, the temperature was in the thirties with windchills in the teens... Mark wore shorts.
BRRRRR!
I told you, we took a lot of photos together!
The views on the drive up to the tundra were amazing!
Postcard.
Watching one bull chase another off... apparently it was the second he had chased off that afternoon.
The elk were literally right beside the road. So cool!
frameworthy shots
ReplyDelete