Friday, February 13, 2015

Last Weekend!

So, everyone knows that last weekend was the most beautiful February weekend... ever. We spent a large part of Saturday inside after Anna experienced some throwing up, but she was a little better by Sunday so we took advantage of the sunshine!

The other day, Mark discovered that the previous owners of our house had placed some eye hooks between two trees in the back yard for a hammock. Because the weather was so nice, he decided to pull out his old ENO hammock that I bought for him for his graduation (too many years ago) and see if Anna would like it. Of course Anna liked it... swinging, outside, cuddling with her two favorite people (we all got in there- it's made for two people, so two people and a toddler is okay too, right?), I only got pictures of Mark and Anna, although I'm sure the neighbors would have loved to come take our family photo in the hammock... ha!

Perfect hammock trees!

Someone was a little wiggly at first!


After nap, I convinced Mark to drag the sandbox out to a flat spot in the yard where grass is most likely never going to grow, and I filled it with the one bag of play sand we have. Big thanks to Gigi and Ru, since Gigi found the sandbox for an awesome deal at a yard sale (and knew I was really wanting one for Anna) and then also got some sand so Anna could play while we were staying in Greensboro. Anna had a blast, and wasn't really excited about getting out- not that she threw a fit, she just repeatedly got back in or said "no" when I asked if we could be done. I'm looking forward to many warm days playing in the sand!

Anna surprisingly insisted I brush off any sand that she spilled on her. Here she is asking for the sand to be brushed off of her feet... I ended up just taking her socks off, but I was not expecting her to not want to be dirty!

She was just as content as can be to play in the sand with her toys!

Moving the sand back and forth between some bowls. I feel like this outfit needs explanation... Anna wore that dress to church that morning with tights. Anna is not a tights kinda girl (who is?) and apparently when Daddy got her up she wanted to wear these pants. Snazzy.

Baby toes in the sand!

No comments:

Post a Comment