With the beautiful weather lately, I decided it would be perfect to eat some of our meals out on the back deck. We currently have an empty back porch, minus the grill and child size Adirondack chair, so a blanket was the perfect way to have our picnic. Can't wait to get some furniture and an umbrella out there so we can enjoy lots of meals on the deck! Anna was obviously game for eating on the porch, because as Mark put it, "those are two of her favorite things- eating and being outside!". She now requests eating outside almost every meal, but luckily her desire to eat is greater than being outside because I really don't know about eating pasta with red sauce on the ground... Emma might miss a spot and invite some ant friends on up the stairs. Someone is not going to be happy when it rains tomorrow and we have to eat inside...
"Hey, Mom, I could get used to this picnic thing!"
These picnics also make me certain she is not ready to eat at the table without a "seatbelt" ha!
Obviously, food is best consumed while lounging on your belly...
How she really feels about picnics! Fun!
Day two I got creative and carried everything we needed out in this box turned table. I also brought out the nice camera, so the photos are prettier.
Also, pigtails. So cute.
Anna was able to pull up the one chair on the deck to her "table".
Snacks are also very enjoyable on the deck.
The best part of eating on the porch? It is so easy to go play!
No comments:
Post a Comment