So far, her menu has included:
Delicious: Milk, Rice Cereal, Applesauce, Sweet Potato, Peaches, Prunes, Banana
Not So Delicious: Green Beans, Spinach, Carrots
In Queue- Butternut Squash
By the way, Anna Kate requested I list her foods by delicious and not so delicious. Although, we could also label them by "grabs the spoon for more" and "gag inducing". She didn't seem to like those labels though.
After the first few weeks, meals are not the interesting attraction they were before. So, Mommy introduced some dishwasher safe "toys" that have proven to be a little distraction in order to get some food into the baby. That, along with sitting by the window, Emma, and a silly Daddy, we can usually get a few ounces of food in. If we went with just a food from the "delicious" menu, she might would eat an adult sized portion!
"Check out my sweet new toy!"
"I prefer to eat through my nose."
"I claim these measuring spoons! They are MINE!"
"I thought we were having ice cream?"
And here she is showing her (not) love of carrots. This isn't the best photo showing it, but she gets pretty into gagging once the carrots get in her mouth. Call me pathetic, but I had to put the camera down and make sure she wasn't choking. She wasn't. Just pure hatred of carrots.
No comments:
Post a Comment