Monday, May 19, 2014

Road to Walking

So we haven't kept excellent tabs on Anna Kate's walking progress (turns out we were the same about crawling... I can't find a post where she actually moved on beyond the army crawl!). Per usual with her physical milestones (rolling over, crawling, picking up, etc) she went from "kinda doing it" to all of a sudden "full on". When I wrote about her at fourteen months, I mentioned she was walking 8-10 steps. And, on May 9 when she turned 14 months, that was literally about as far as she would go and it was sporadic. Now it is on.

For the past week our activities consist of walking, walking, and more walking. Sometimes she will come get you and insist on you walking around with her as she leads you through each hall or down the sidewalk. On the particular day I decided to film the fun, she was literally just walking from her room to the living room and back over and over again with an occasional trip to the front door.

Mommy is happy for her to be walking and for the entertainment it now gives her, but I am trying to prepare myself for the chaos that is going to ensue! She already heads back to her room to get her lovey, which we try to leave in the bed when we are at home, or goes to the table to get her water which we now have to put in the fridge so that she doesn't become a sippy cup addict. In her ideal world, she would wander the house with both in hand at all times, which isn't the end of the world, but it does seem to get her off balance and I really don't want her to "need" those items everywhere we go!

Here is the best video I captured one day of her walking around the house.



No comments:

Post a Comment