Friday, April 18, 2014

Five on Friday

Here goes!

{one}
On Saturday, I met up with my sweet friend Shanda for a little girl time while Mark took AK to the park. We took a little longer than Anna Kate would have liked, but we figured our little foodie would be satisfied to eat and sit at dinner. Not this time! Fortunately Shanda came too and got a pizza to go and offered to take the little one outside- she had a blast! And by the time they came back in all if the pizza was ready and Anna Kate was ready to chow down... But only on Mommy's piece!

Walking outside with Shanda!

Yum!

Such a big girl!

{two}
Lake time! Gigi was on spring break this week, and Aunt Laura and Uncle Rob were on a super awesome Asian vacation which meant Avery was under grandparent watch, so Anna Kate and I left Daddy to work-work-work and headed to the lake. I'm really not sure who had the most fun, but I know I loved being spoiled by my mommy by not having to cook, clean, or be the sole entertainer for the little one. We sure missed our Mark though! I have millions of pictures, of course, so the blog will be rolling next week to fill you in on all of our fun!
Old photo of my favorite place

{three}
One of my favorite things about our lake trips is watching Anna Kate and Avery. I have lots of pictures and stories for later, but here is some adorable from the week! On Tuesday, we had rain and cold, so we took an outing. There isn't much to do at the lake (one of its charms) so we drove to Walmart to pick some things up. We found a double stroller, and the girls loved it! They took turns snuggling each other, and Avery kept telling Anna about things in the store. None of it was prompted, and it was adorable.

Cutest little girls I know!

{four}
It is also worth mentioning that Anna Kate and I shared our fair share of driving. Some went well, some involved some tears, but so far we have spent about eight hours or so in the car... And we still have to get home! The best situation is obviously when she sleeps, which was aided by her fever on Thursday, when we traveled from the lake to Greensboro, to the beach. Driving is definitely our least favorite part of trips, but it's part of the journey!

{five}
As I write this, we are now enjoying an oceanfront view at Topsail Beach, NC. I don't know that I have ever been this close to the water! The waves literally appear to go under the house. I wouldn't want to own this home, but I'll sure enjoy it for the weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment