Since my brother and his wife decided to head on an awesome 10th anniversary trip to Asia complete with eating semi-dead octopus (seen here) and leave their favorite three year old to spend time with both sets of grandparents, Anna Kate and I couldn't just sit at home and miss out on all of the cousinly fun to be had. We left Daddy at home, but met up with him again for a fun beach weekend later.
Okay, enough rambling, on to today's post. Some time in the past few weeks, Gigi found an awesome princess tent at the local thrift store at the lake for a few dollars. Knowing that her two favorite granddaughters would love it, of course she brought it home. Avery was much more interested in playing in it than Anna Kate, but everyone had their share of fun inside the tent. We can only imagine the trouble these two girls are going to get in it together over the years.
Funny Avery story: While Anna Kate didn't take a morning nap in the other room, Avery insisted I zip her up in the tent. Gigi had laid an old comforter and a pillow inside, but otherwise there was nothing. When I asked Avery what she was doing, she said, "camping!". Apparently camping involves sitting inside a tent doing nothing, because whenever I asked if she wanted anything in the tent with her she said, "No Sara, I'm just camping."
Anna Kate just wanted to crawl in and out, over and over again.
Avery enjoyed Gigi reading to her in the tent. The first night, before AK and I got there, Gigi read many many books inside the tent... Many.
I love this one.
Avery: "Come on baby Anna, let's play in the tent!"
Anna: "You have got to be kidding me, play with a three year old?!"
Literal conversation here:
Avery: "All aboard!" (tent.. train.. same thing)
Anna Kate: *bye*
Just Avery and her little buddy playing in the tent!
Bailey joined the fun!
Princess Charger, the first grandchilddog
Mommy and Anna in the tent!
love this
ReplyDelete