Thursday, April 24, 2014

Five on Friday!

Well this is a little later than normal...

Per usual, I took so many photos over our long week of vacation that I didn't take many (even on the phone) this week. I'm kind of like a bad dieter when it comes to taking photos... Binge and then no food. Er, photos. Anyways, here are some of the fun things we did this week. More about our vacation next week!

{one}
You'll read about this next week, but while at the beach we decided to go out to eat one night. Obviously, Anna came with us, being that it is apparently not cool to leave your child at home without a babysitter. I mentioned in last weeks Five on Friday that she was not very into sitting in the restaurant. Turns out that may not have been a one time occurrence. We were those people with the fussing, occasionally screaming, child. Let's hope it's just a phase. You can see below, she has her happy face on... Not.
This is at the restaurant. Can you tell how she feels about eating out? Haha!


{two}
One of our favorite things to do in the area for a while now is to go to Lake Norman State Park to hike the trails. The dogs have always loved it, and we are trying to get Anna Kate used to riding in the backpack Kelty carrier. Monday, we decided to go with Nana and Aunt Lisa, knowing that Mark would be a little late from work (without the beagles, poor girls, I can't handle a baby and two dogs!). This was Anna's fourth or fifth time, and she did great despite being late for dinner! We hiked 3.6 miles in about an hour.

{three}
This isn't something terribly notable, but I do have a photo! I have mentioned AK and I like to go to the YMCA during the week, and on Mondays we have a nice little routine of going to a class and heading to visit Daddy during his lunch break. Here are my two favorite people walking around in the parking lot... She was much happier, but of course by the time I took a photo she was done.


{four}
On Wednesday, we headed to Taylorsville to visit Anna Kate's Marshall/Tarlton great grandparents. She had a wonderful time! I really should have had the camera, because she did so well playing and loving on her greats. At Great Grandma Marshall's, she insisted on exploring the entire house and loved having Great Grandma walk her around! She also insisted on throwing her Goldfish snack all over the floor, which wasn't as adorable, but you win some you lose some. At Great Nanny and Paws, she had fun throwing around the Legos and toys, and absolutely loved "playing" with Molly, the dog, through the fence. She is very lucky to have so many great grandparents to love her!
Walking around Nanny and Paw's backyard picking dandelions.


{five}
This is not phenomenal developmental news... But I think it is absolutely adorable. We have a pointer! She started kinda pointing over the last week or two, but this week she has it down! She seems to be able to point now to show what she wants (when eating) and appears to be asking what things are otherwise. She is usually satisfied and stops pointing when I point as well and tell her the name of an object. Sometimes she mimicks my speech, but obviously with very very limited sounds. She also thinks it is hilarious when she points and I just point back at her... Silly babe.
Pointing at the goats in our neighborhood. We went on a run, and she kept pointing at anything unique (flag, mailboxes, power lines). I say I burned extra calories from telling her what everything was!


No comments:

Post a Comment